Tuesday 27 May 2008

A Little Chip On My Shoulder

I have often wondered, whether guilt-tripping someone is a method used by a 'true' friend. I suppose the definition of the word 'true' in the context I am using, is fairly open ended...however I do pride myself on the fact I have some bloody good friends and recently I have been rather perturbed by someone who I feel cares very little for me really. I have the luxury of being able to see my friends on a sliding timescale basis, I probably could genuinely count at least 10 or so who mean the world to me, but knowing how busy life is, I know I can't see them all that often. So here is my dilemma, there is one, who has stuck out in my mind as being 'neglected' a tad lately, but then on the flip side, I myself in turn have also been rather discarded. After much chewing over in my mind, I have decided not to run to them, nor grovel, as I believe we have drifted apart quite naturally, and not in any deliberate move whatsoever. I don't want to appear cold or bitter, but I also don't take too kindly to certain messages being left in a particularly stroppy fashion. I am therefore going to stand my ground and not give in. I have time for the people who have time for me.


Anyway, this aside, my poor Binky is still recovering from his loss of manhood. He has had his second check up and needs a third. I feel sorry for him as he is the 'outdoors' bunny, and suffers the weather, as opposed to my spoilt brat of a rabbit, Poppy, who lives it up next to the radiator most days.


Most frustrating thing that happened today:

Missing out on a sale when I told the owner to and I quote, 'Take the offer and run you mad woman' 2 weeks ago, only to find out that when she finally gave in today, the buyer had bought elsewhere. Raaaa.


2 comments:

mrsnatmartin said...

hehe I love your comment to the house-buying lady.

I have had a similar experience with a friend recently. I spoke about it with my therapist who suggested I make a list of everyone I know. To place each person in a column depending on whether they are a 'giver', a 'taker' or a 'giver and taker'.

I can tell you, it clarfied a lot for me. And I have spent less energy on those who are sole 'takers' and more with those who are 'givers and takers' and 'givers'.

Not sure if this makes sense.

sduck said...

It does make sense, I think i know most of my friends fairly well, and i do like this particular person, but I am not going to waste my precious spare time on someone who is rude!