Tuesday 9 September 2008

Blogger's Block

Yes, that's right, I have nothing more (at present) to write. I could fill these posts with mindless crap about nonsense, which lets face it, is what I normally do, but I thought I would save you all(all being said lightly I know I only have about 4 regular readers) the boredom and stop for a while.

I often think of rich artistic prose, full of nuance, write it down and can't believe of how little importance it all is. It is a struggle I feel, to write a blog and be funny at the same time. I have noticed from other blogs that most writers have a particular air to the way they write, and a certain subtlety with humour, that I feel I cannot grasp as well as I would like to. Don't get me wrong, I think I'm hilarious, but I'm sure most of you don't. I could prattle on for days about this story that happened to me and that...but at the end of the day, does anyone other than myself really care? I have noticed that my posts are often quite dull and depressing too, and I wouldn't want anyone to think I have 'issues' so to speak, far from it, I just like moaning really.

I am, after reading one of her more recent posts, ever so tempted to talk about a particular person who does find interest in my blog and generally my day to day life. I find this a little creepy, and to be honest, I too agree with my sister on the fact that I wish I had a private blog sometimes, to keep the weirdos from finding too much out about me. Hey ho, I could stop writing it I suppose! But then what would I do while I'm at work, dejected beyond belief?

I leave you with an apology, for the most boring blog post ever. Oh and a fab song:

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Sophie!
Please remember that you're 24. That you will have 2 or 3 more 'careers' before you have to choose 'the one' and that this is all a part of learning about yourself as you get through these tricky first few years. Every bad thing that happens teaches you something about yourself so you know more about yourself at 24 than many of your school friends who have yet to graduate and face the real world. Don't let it get you down, find something that you want to write about and post a blog...go on, stop being such a misery guts! x

Unknown said...

PS. ...and you have plenty of artistic talent, and your photos are great, so if you want to have a go painting or photographing portraits (which would be my idea, by the way) then do it. Choose a friend or two and make it a project - get into it and make it work, and then post about the experience. Then do it again. each time you will improve and you'll get into it or move on. Either way you're getting somewhere.

sduck said...

Thanks Mr H, i appreciate your comments! I don't want to be a misery guts! I shall embark on a new project then, only problem is, Subject matter, i find it hard to photograph friends without them giggling and messing around! but then i guess that could be considered as 'natural'. Leave it with me, ive quit my job and leaving in 10 days..should leave me with plenty of time to photograph! put some more work up of yours on your blog...and stop rattling on about football, much prefer your posts about Blues music! x