Thursday 12 June 2008

Buddy

I love Buddy Holly. I can still recall the moment when I was at a Buddy concert and I got thrown the actor's plectrum...absolutely delighted I was, until some older girl next to me nicked it off me. I will never be able to count how many tears I cried on the coach back, I loved that pick, and that concert. Still 'raving on' to this day, Buddy will never leave my track list!

Today was a mixed day, I seem to have involuntarily adopted the role of receptionist as well as negotiator, and of course washer-upper of disgusting teaspoons left for days in the sink. Our beloved, and ever so slightly eccentric secretary is off on holiday this week, and as my manager (as competent as he is) is as organised as Gordon Brown, he has managed to plonk all of her work onto my desk. This I am not amused by, but seeing as I am bored out of my brain most days, the added work is actually of interest to me! Now I know I'm in trouble.

Bedtime now, for once this week, I would like to have an uninterrupted night's sleep, seeing as the birds get up at 2am where I live, so sleeping with the window is not an option. Wish me luck...goodnight all!

No comments: