Friday 10 October 2008

Some of my Paintings, quite badly photographed...

Just thought I would upload a few of my paintings...the last is yet to be finished and definitely needs more work. I am attempting to determined my 'style' at some point...not quite there yet. Feel free to be brutally honest! (it's not my day job after all...thank god!)

Rather vivid images of my Dad, not entirely sure why I felt the need to photograph it pissed...but clearly something was up when I took this. ( I need to re-photograph all my work, but most of it is in storage!-including this)

My Grandad, 96 years old, he was about 92 I think when the picture was taken, and I painted him about a year later

My should-have-been-God daughter, Livi, her younger brother is my Godson, and she's coming over tomorrow! She was about 5 when I took this photograph, I thought she had some attitude so I painted her!

Lastly, my current painting that has been going on for about 3 months, is one of a friend's granddaughter. I promised I would finish it weeks ago...maybe it's time this weekend to finally do that.


1 comment:

mrsnatmartin said...

Note to self: Natalie must check Sophie's blog before she asks after Sophie's recent artwork.

Sophie, I love your paintings. You have a real talent for capturing realistic expressions. My two favourites? The first one and the last one. I can't wait to see the last one finished. It's looking fantastic. Your friend will be thrilled!